Latest Healthy Kids News
- Good Sleep Help Babies Avoid Obesity as They Grow
- Baby-Wearing Products Leave Infants at Injury Risk
- Gene Therapy on Bubble Boy Immune Disease Cases
- Pediatricians: 'Emergency' in Child Mental Health
- Kids Newly Diagnosed With ADHD Aren't Getting Care
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
(HealthDay News) -- Childhood is a great time to begin stressing the importance of healthy eating.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics recommends:
- Offer children meals and snacks on a consistent schedule. Make sure foods are nutrient-rich and balanced. Be sure to serve a variety of cultural cuisines and flavors.
- Encourage your child to learn and listen to internal cues on what to eat and how much. Make food safety practices, such as hand washing, part of meal times.
- Teach children to appreciate healthy foods. Talk about making healthy food choices when not at home.
- If your child has a question about nutrition, obtain the answer from a credible source.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.