(HealthDay News) -- Changes in estrogen levels can lead to loss of hair in new moms. Most women return to a full head of hair by the time baby turns one.
Latest Women's Health News
The American Academy of Dermatology suggests how to cope with loss of hair just after birth of a cbild:
- Use volumizing shampoo and conditioner.
- Don't use a shampoos labeled as "conditioning." It can weigh down hair and make it look thinner.
- Choose a conditioner made for fine hair.
- Don't put conditioner on the scalp. Only apply it to the ends of the hair.
- Don't use any heavy conditioner labeled "intensive," which can weigh down thin hair.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.