Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
(HealthDay News) -- If you want to shed a few pounds or maintain an ideal weight, logging what you eat and drink is a great way to make sure you're not overdoing it.
The American Council on Exercise suggests:
- Be sure to log all meals, drinks and snacks.
- Include specifics, including how the food was cooked, any sauces or dressings, and an accurate count of how much you ate. Log right after you eat so you don't forget.
- Along with each entry, note how hungry you were. This will help determine if you're eating from hunger or boredom. Also note your mood and anything that is on your mind.
- Opt for a journal format that works for you. Consider using a computer or smartphone app.
- Make sure you log daily. Recruit a partner to help you stay on track.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.