Latest Prevention & Wellness News
- Mask Use by Americans Now Tops 90%, Poll Find
- Coronavirus in a Cough: Masks Stopping the Spread
- Fauci 'Cautiously Optimistic' for COVID-19 Vaccine
- More Than Half of Americans Know Someone Infected
- CDC Recommends Face Masks in All Public Transports
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
But don't neglect the latter, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics says.
- Your body doesn't produce iodine, so you have to get it through diet. It's essential for thyroid hormone production.
- Iodine deficiency can be a serious problem for pregnant women and their babies. Table salt contains iodine, but people on a low-salt diet may not be getting enough.
- Iodine is essential for healthy brain development of a fetus.
- Iodized salt, seaweed, seafood and saltwater fish are good sources of iodine.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.