Latest Neurology News
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests:
- Follow a nutritious diet. Avoid fad diets that may only lead to short-term weight loss.
- Maintain a healthy weight, and keep a watchful eye on blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar. All of these factors have been associated with dementia.
- Eat plenty of antioxidant-rich vegetables, fruits and whole grains.
- Limit saturated fats, and eat plenty of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Stay active socially and mentally. Learning new things, and frequently challenge your brain.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.