Latest Diabetes News
(HealthDay News) -- Managing diabetes is a long-term job that requires careful planning to stay on top of your health.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises:
- Take daily steps to eat well, get exercise, inspect feet for wounds and take your medication.
- At each quarterly doctor visit, have a foot check and blood pressure check.
- Twice yearly, have a dental checkup and an A1C check.
- Once annually, have a cholesterol test and a test for kidney function.
- Get all doctor-recommended vaccines, including the annual one for flu.
- Have annual visits with an eye doctor and podiatrist.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.