(HealthDay News) -- Fat- and calorie-laden dishes abound during the holidays, but you can enjoy the fruits of the season in a healthy way.
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
The American Heart Association suggests:
- Dig into a dish of nutrient-rich sweet potatoes. Roast them, then add a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Enjoy roasted winter and acorn squash, as well as pumpkin.
- Munch on fiber-rich, low-calorie Brussels sprouts. Sprinkle with a little salt and brown sugar, then heat.
- Bake apples into a tasty frittata.
- Offer roasted, unsalted nuts as a healthy appetizer. Almonds, walnuts, pistachios, hazelnuts, pecans and peanuts are good choices.
- Opt for heart-healthy salmon as a main holiday dish.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.