Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
- Vitamin B12, found in eggs and milk. If the child is on a strictly vegan diet, fortified soy products and fortified cereals are good sources.
- Vitamin D and calcium, found in fortified milk and dairy products, such as cheese and yogurt.
- Iron, found in daily supplements and fortified cereals.
- Protein, found in beans, fortified cereals and soy milk. Yogurt and eggs also are good choices.
- Fiber, found in fortified and whole-grain breads, pastas and cereals, as well as avocados, nuts and seeds.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.