Latest Healthy Kids News
(HealthDay News) -- Lead often is found in the paint in older homes. When ingested by young children, lead can cause serious developmental and health problems.
The American Academy of Family Physicians advises:
- If your home was built before 1978, keep your child away from any areas of peeling paint. Repaint surfaces to make sure any lead paint is sealed in.
- Talk to your child's pediatrician about lead testing.
- If you're remodeling an older home, seal off work areas to prevent paint dust from spreading.
- Make sure your child always washes his or her face and hands before eating.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.