Latest High Blood Pressure News
The U.S. National Heart Lung and Blood Institute says potential factors that contribute to high blood pressure include:
- A problem with the kidneys, which help regulate water, salt and other bodily minerals.
- A hormonal or nervous system imbalance.
- Malfunctioning blood vessels.
- A family history of high blood pressure or related problems.
- An unhealthy lifestyle, such as sedentary habits, poor diet or obesity.
- Use of certain prescription or over-the-counter medications, such as birth control pills or cold medicines.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.