Latest Healthy Kids News
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests:
- Ensuring that your child's route to school is safe, and that there is a trained adult crossing guard at each intersection.
- Finding other neighborhood children who can walk to school with your child, or finding an adult to walk a whole group of kids to school together.
- Remembering that young children are impulsive, and that parents should feel comfortable that a child is mature enough to walk to school alone.
- Walking with your child for at least the first week.
- Dressing your child in brightly colored clothing, which will make him or her easier for drivers to see.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.