Latest Diabetes News
The Cleveland Clinic recommends:
- Drink lots of water.
- Talk to your doctor about any adjustments to your insulin before you exercise.
- Check your blood sugar more frequently.
- Carry glucose gel, glucose tabs or a glucagon kit, in case blood sugar gets low.
- Pack healthy snacks when you're on the go.
- Store medications and supplies to keep them from getting too hot.
- Sunburn can cause stress on the body and affect blood sugar, so take precautions to protect your skin.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.