Latest Exercise & Fitness News
The American Council on Exercise recommends:
- Getting permission from your doctor to start a regular exercise routine. Schedule 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise on all or most days of the week.
- Talk to your doctor if before, during or just after exercise you have symptoms of dizziness, chest pain, headache, breathlessness or racing heart rate.
- Begin each workout with five minutes of warm-up and five minutes of cool-down. During exercise, monitor your heart rate to make sure it stays within an acceptable range.
- Don't push yourself to extremes. If you want a more vigorous workout, clear it with your doctor first and have a stress test. Avoid vigorous exercise in very hot or cold temperatures.
- Be sure to exercise in a facility that's equipped to deal with a medical emergency.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.