Latest Diabetes News
The American Podiatric Medical Association says people with peripheral neuropathy should:
- Regularly inspect the feet for wounds and signs of infection, since feeling to the feet may be reduced.
- Ask someone else to inspect the feet if unable to do so.
- Seek immediate care for any foot injury.
- Don't walk barefoot. Always wear sturdy, well-fitted shoes.
- Keep blood sugar under control and follow a diabetes treatment plan.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.