(HealthDay News) -- Bug bites can be more than a nuisance. It's important to care for them properly to avoid infection.
Latest Skin News
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises:
- If you have a bite, don't scratch it.
- Use calamine lotion or hydrocortisone cream to ease itching.
- Take a bath or shower as soon as you come inside to help get rid of ticks.
- Prevent tick bites by carefully inspecting your body (notably the underarms, in and around ears, belly button, backs of the knees, legs, waist and hair). Use a mirror for those hard-to-see places.
- If you find a tick, remove it carefully.
- Check for ticks on children and pets and any belongings you kept outside.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.