Latest Diet & Weight Management News
(HealthDay News) -- Controlling portion sizes is essential for controlling calorie consumption. But that can be difficult when you're on the road.
The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases recommends:
- Fill a small cooler with healthy travel snacks, such as cut vegetables and fruit, bottled water and low- or no-fat yogurt.
- Pack small, individual portions of dried fruit, seeds and nuts.
- When you stop for food, look for a restaurant with healthier fare, such as salads, grilled or steamed entrees or vegetables.
- Skip soft drinks in favor of low- or no-fat milk.
- When you indulge in a higher-fat food, such as fries or pizza, order a smaller size.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.