Latest Travel Health News
(HealthDay News) -- A little preparation can help you stay healthy and safe when traveling by plane.
The American Academy of Family Physicians recommends:
- Packing all necessary medications in a carry-on bag. Talk to your doctor about whether you should change your medication regimen while traveling. Pack some extras, in case your trip is extended.
- If you have a chronic illness such as epilepsy or diabetes, carry an identification card with your doctor's contact information and a list of your medications.
- Drink non-alcoholic, no-caffeine beverages to avoid dehydration.
- If you tend to have ear pain, take a decongestant before you fly, or chew gum.
- Stretch calves frequently, and walk around when it is safe to do so.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.