Latest Pregnancy News
The Womenshealth.gov website says these people may benefit from folic acid:
- Women who are pregnant or who want to become pregnant, or breast-feeding mothers.
- Women who have given birth to a baby with spina bifida who want to get pregnant again.
- Women who have a family member with spina bifida.
- Women who have spina bifida and want to become pregnant.
- People taking medication to manage chronic disease, such as epilepsy, type 2 diabetes, inflammatory bowel disease, lupus, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis or psoriasis.
- People who are on dialysis.
- People who have sickle cell anemia, celiac disease or liver disease.
- People who frequently consume more than one alcoholic drink daily.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors