(HealthDay News) -- The rules of the dinner table are changing, including the standard "clean plate rule." A positive, happy family dinner table should encourage kids to acknowledge their body's cues, including hunger and fullness.
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests:
- Offer a variety of nutritious foods and let the child decide what to try and how much to eat.
- Encourage children of all ages to help with dinner preparation.
- Parents should eat a variety of nutritious foods to set a good example.
- Encourage kids to try new foods. Discuss foods that each family member likes and dislikes.
- Let your child determine when he or has had enough to eat.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.