(HealthDay News) -- While a weight-loss program can help you shed pounds, it's important to make sure the program is safe and effective.
Latest Diet & Weight Management News
The Weight-control Information Network suggests these questions:
- Are classes or individual counseling available to teach me healthier eating habits?
- Does the program involve keeping food records or sticking to a specific meal plan?
- Will I need to buy supplements or special meals?
- Can I make meal adjustments and substitutions based on allergies and preferences?
- Does the program encourage exercise and teach me how to be more active?
- Does the program allow accommodations for culture, lifestyle, holidays and other special circumstances?
- Will the program guide me in maintaining weight loss?
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.