Latest Oral Health News
(HealthDay News) -- Since tooth brushing and flossing are lifelong necessities, teach children properly at a young age and make brushing and flossing a positive experience.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests you:
- Choose a toothbrush with soft bristles designed for young children. Look for one with a thick handle to make it easier for your child to grip.
- Explain how to brush teeth in a series of small steps, or place your hand over your child's hand and show the child how to brush.
- Brush with a fluoride toothpaste in a flavor that the child likes.
- Find a position that is comfortable for your child while brushing.
- Keep your child entertained by singing a song, playing a counting game or using a fun timer while the child is flossing and brushing.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors