(HealthDay News) -- Repeating the same exercises day after day can lead to an overuse injury, and cause you to miss exercise when you're not feeling well.
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
Variety is the watchword when it comes to sticking with exercise and avoiding boredom. The American Council on Exercise suggests:
- If you're taking a break from running, try walking instead.
- Give a cross-training workout a try.
- Instead of running, try biking to give your knees a break.
- If you're a swimmer, try using a stair-stepping machine.
- If you love aerobics, try heading outdoors for a hike.
- If you've got an exercise injury, ask your doctor if it's safe for you to use a swimming pool until your injury heals.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.