Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
(HealthDay News) -- Don't be put off by the fact that mushrooms are a type of fungus. They're nutritious, low-calorie and are quite tasty.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests how to add mushrooms to your daily fare:
- Grill, sautee or stir-fry mushrooms, then add them to a favorite sauce and whole-grain pasta.
- Toss mushrooms with vegetables in a whole-grain wrap.
- Combine tomatoes, squash, peppers and mushrooms on a skewer, then lightly grill.
- Add mushrooms in an omelet or atop pizza.
- Flavor soups and risotto dishes with dried mushrooms.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.