Latest Healthy Kids News
(HealthDay News) -- What does a parent do if you hear your child lament, "I'm fat?"
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests:
- Discussing with your child where the negative sentiments came from.
- Asking if your child has been teased about weight.
- Asking if something seen on television or on the Internet inspired negative thoughts.
- Addressing promptly any situation in which another person talks about your child's weight inappropriately.
- Assessing if your child is active, eats a healthy diet and is at a healthy weight.
- Reminding your child not to focus on weight but on being healthy.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.