Latest Pregnancy News
(HealthDay News) -- While moms-to-be are peppered with advice of what to do and what not to do during pregnancy, there is some sound guidance.
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests:
- Avoiding smoking and drug use during pregnancy, reducing the risk of serious complications.
- Avoiding alcohol during pregnancy to protect baby from fetal alcohol syndrome and other birth defects.
- Having someone else clean out your cat's litter box to avoid toxoplasmosis.
- Cooking meat properly to prevent food-related illness.
- Staying away from hot tubs, saunas and other sources of high heat.
- Avoiding douching.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.