(HealthDay News) -- A major loss, such as the death of a family member, can trigger feelings of grief.
Latest Depression News
But being clinically depressed is different. So, how can you tell which is which?
The American Academy of Family Physicians explains:
- Grief can last from six weeks to eight weeks before you begin to feel better.
- Depression typically doesn't improve with time.
- Feelings of depression can begin to interfere with daily responsibilities and life.
- Feelings of wanting to hurt yourself or someone else are serious signs of depression. If you have these feelings, you should see your doctor.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
- Surgery Second Opinion
- Caregivers: Don't Forget Your Needs
- Drug Abuse Recovery
- Dupuytren’s Treatment