Latest Healthy Kids News
(HealthDay News) -- Just like their parents, teens may make resolutions to live healthier lives during the upcoming year.
- Saving soda for a special treat, and eating at least two servings of vegetables and two servings of fruit daily.
- Focusing on healthy foods, appropriate portion sizes and regular exercise.
- Limiting television and video game time to two hours per day at most, opting for non-violent shows and games.
- Volunteering in the community, and finding ways to help friends who are depressed, bullied or struggling.
- Finding healthy ways to deal with stress, such as by writing in a journal, talking with a loved one or getting exercise.
- Carefully considering potential dating partners, and always being respectful and kind.
- Avoiding alcohol, drugs and tobacco.
- Wearing a seat belt and never texting while driving.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.