Latest Chronic Pain News
(HealthDay News) -- A bunion develops when the joint at the base of the big toe becomes swollen and most likely painful.
- Make sure shoes fit properly and comfortably, and mold to the shape of your feet.
- Opt for shoes with a soft sole, wide toe box and wide instep.
- Avoid heels of more than 2 1/4 inches, those that are too tight, and shoes with pointy, narrow toes.
- To accommodate a bunion, wear shoes that are a bit big, or have your shoes professionally stretched.
- Place a protective cushioned pad over the bunion.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors