Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
The Cleveland Clinic suggests how to consume less salt:
- Eat fresh foods, rather than packaged or prepared varieties. And don't add salt.
- Steer clear of convenience foods, such as instant cereals and puddings, canned soups, frozen meals, packaged mixes of rice and pasta, and gravies.
- If you eat frozen entrees, look for those that contain less than 600 mg of salt.
- Use orange juice or pineapple juice as a base for meat marinades, instead of salt.
- Look for spices and seasonings that don't contain salt.
- Don't use salt substitutes without getting your doctor's OK.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.