(HealthDay News) -- A car is a dangerous place for children to play in, especially given the risk of becoming entrapped inside the trunk.
Latest Healthy Kids News
The Safekids.org website offers these safety tips:
- Make sure children understand that car trunks are only for storing cargo, never for hiding or playing.
- Cars should be fully locked when not in use, and keys kept out of a child's reach.
- Rear fold-down seats should be kept closed to prevent children from climbing into the trunk.
- Older children should know how to use the emergency trunk release lever, in cars manufactured Sept. 1, 2001 and later.
- If your child is missing, first check the trunk of the car.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.