Latest Prevention & Wellness News
The American Dental Association debunks these common myths:
- Gum disease is not rare. About half of adults 30 and older have this infection of tissues that surround the teeth.
- Just because you have few cavities doesn't mean you won't have gum disease.
- Having gum disease doesn't mean you will lose teeth. Proper care and dental hygiene can help prevent tooth loss.
- Gum bleeding during pregnancy is not inevitable. Take care of your teeth and gums, and see your dentist for regular cleanings.
- Chronic bad breath isn't always harmless. It can be a sign that you have gum disease or a similar problem.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.