(HealthDay News) -- If your child is suddenly struggling with school performance, the cause may be a physical health problem.
Latest Healthy Kids News
The American Academy of Pediatrics says problems that may contribute to a drop in school performance include:
- Having a sleep disorder, anemia or a thyroid condition.
- Contracting infectious mononucleosis.
- Having hearing or vision problems.
- Having a learning or developmental disability, such as attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), dyslexia or a central auditory processing disorder.
- Having a substance abuse problem.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.