Latest Oral Health News
(HealthDay News) -- Gum disease can lead to tooth loss and other serious dental problems. That's why it's important to recognize the risk factors.
Mouthhealthy.org mentions these typical contributors to gum disease:
- Practicing poor dental hygiene.
- Chewing tobacco or smoking.
- Having a genetic predisposition toward gum disease.
- Having crooked teeth that are difficult to keep clean.
- Having diabetes.
- Taking certain calcium channel blockers, oral contraceptives, steroid drugs or some medications used to treat epilepsy and cancer.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.