(HealthDay News) -- Gardening is a great way to relax, get some exercise and enjoy the great outdoors. But it's important to take precautions.
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these gardening safety guidelines:
- Protect yourself with a pair of long pants, sturdy shoes and safety goggles when using power tools.
- If you are using loud machinery, use hearing protection.
- Protect your hands by wearing gloves.
- Protect yourself with a DEET-containing insect repellent, tall rubber boots, and pants tucked into the boots.
- Guard against sun damage with a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, long sleeves and sunscreen.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.