(HealthDay News) -- A family that exercises together is healthier together, so think of fun ways to make every member of your family more active.
Latest Healthy Kids News
The Letsmove.org website suggests these tips for a more active family:
- Provide children with toys that promote physical activity, such as jump ropes, balls and kites.
- Encourage students to join sports teams.
- Take a family walk around the block after eating, skip the elevator in favor of the stairs and walk to school together a few times a week.
- Don't allow a TV in your child's room, and limit how much TV your child can watch. When the family does watch TV, set a rule that members can't sit still during commercials.
- Create a family fun day, including a trip to the park or swimming pool, or a bike ride.
- Offer rewards for being active.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.