(HealthDay News) -- Some foods can damage your teeth, and avoiding them can help to protect your smile.
Latest Oral Health News
The American Dental Association says foods that can damage teeth include:
- Hard candies, because of the sugar content and because they can break a tooth.
- Caffeinated coffee and tea can dry out your mouth. Drink water instead.
- Sticky foods, such as dried fruit.
- Crunchy foods, such as potato chips, that can get stuck between teeth.
- Acidic, sugary and caffeinated sodas.
- Sugary sports drinks.
- Alcohol, which can dry the mouth.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.