Latest Healthy Kids News
- Good Sleep Help Babies Avoid Obesity as They Grow
- Baby-Wearing Products Leave Infants at Injury Risk
- Gene Therapy on Bubble Boy Immune Disease Cases
- Pediatricians: 'Emergency' in Child Mental Health
- Kids Newly Diagnosed With ADHD Aren't Getting Care
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
(HealthDay News) -- Hunger is an unfortunate global problem that kills thousands every year. So, nations that have sufficient food supplies shouldn't take them for granted.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests how to teach children to reduce food waste:
- Review school lunch menus with your child to determine what foods your child prefers and doesn't like.
- Ask your child to give new foods a try, but also to try new ways to eat familiar foods.
- Offer plenty of new foods at home, exposing your child to different cuisine.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.