(HealthDay News) -- Reading aloud to your child is a great way to spend time together, and it helps the child develop and learn.
Latest Healthy Kids News
The American Association of School Librarians says the benefits of reading out loud to a child include:
- Improved self-esteem and sense of security.
- Improved communication between child and parent.
- Exposure to concepts such as colors, shapes, letters and numbers in a fun way.
- Improved skills, such as listening, language, memory and vocabulary.
- Exposure to the world around the child.
- Development of positive attitude, healthy behavior and social values.
- Fostering a love of reading.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.