Latest Exercise & Fitness News
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention mentions these precautions for athletes exercising in extreme heat:
- Avoid activities outdoors, particularly during the midday hours when the sun is at its hottest.
- Protect yourself with sunscreen, and reapply as directed.
- Exercise during the early hours, when the temperatures are cooler.
- Wear light colors, and clothing that fits loosely and is lightweight.
- Pace yourself, starting slowly and gradually increasing intensity.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter