(HealthDay News) -- Between work and family responsibilities, parents may feel burned out, stressed and overwhelmed. These feelings may then spill into activities with the children.
Latest Healthy Kids News
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests how to deal with parental burnout:
- Take a few relaxation breaks during the day to rest your eyes, breathe deeply and relieve stress.
- Find ways to improve your mindset and energy as you head home from work.
- Find small ways to make things easier, such as by getting takeout for dinner a few nights a week.
- Have the family pitch in with household chores.
- Don't assume too many responsibilities during the week. Let some things go until the weekend.
- Make time on the weekends for yourself, whether it's for a quiet walk, reading a book or a stint at the gym.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.