(HealthDay News) -- If you're pregnant or trying, you've probably been told not to smoke.
Latest Pregnancy News
- Being a smoker can make getting pregnant more difficult, and can increase the risk of miscarriage.
- Smoking during pregnancy can lead to problems with the placenta, which is baby's source of nourishment and oxygen during pregnancy.
- Smoking may lead to low birth weight or premature birth.
- Smoking during pregnancy may increase the risk of birth defects.
- Smoking while pregnant and after birth can increase the risk of SIDS.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.