Latest Prevention & Wellness News
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests how to care for a bleeding wound:
- Using a clean cloth, tissue or gauze, apply firm, yet gentle, pressure to the bleeding wound.
- If the cloth or gauze becomes soaked, leave it there and add another piece, holding it in place for at least 20 minutes.
- If the injury is to an arm or leg, raise it above the heart.
- Cover injury with a bandage if it is prone to becoming dirty or irritated.
- Injuries to the mouth, face and head may bleed more heavily than other areas because of a large concentration of blood vessels.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.