(HealthDay News) -- Taking food home from a restaurant or storing the excess from last night's dinner isn't worth it if the food makes you sick.
Latest Digestion News
The Foodsafety.gov website offers these guidelines for safe preparation of leftovers:
- Keep leftovers in shallow storage containers.
- If freezing, do so within two hours of cooking.
- Eat all refrigerated leftovers within four days, or throw them out.
- Eat frozen leftovers within four months.
- Make sure all leftovers are thoroughly reheated before eating.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.