(HealthDay News) -- If you want to lose weight, it's important to understand what's really needed to shed extra pounds the healthy way.
Latest Diet & Weight Management News
The Weight-Control Information Network debunks these common weight-loss myths:
- Fad diets are not a safe or effective solution for long-term weight loss.
- Carbohydrates should not be completely avoided. Whole grains, fruits and vegetables are healthy sources of carbohydrates.
- If it seems that some people have an easier time losing weight, many factors (such as age, weight and heredity) contribute to the ability to shed extra pounds.
- Low-fat or fat-free foods may still be high in calories, even if the fat content is reduced.
- You can eat fast food occasionally if you make healthy choices and limit portion sizes.
- Skipping meals is not an effective way to lose weight.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.