Latest Neurology News
The University of Michigan Health System offers these suggestions:
- Avoid shouting instructions at the child.
- Put your hands on the child's shoulders, kneel down and acknowledge when the child makes eye contact, then provide clear instructions.
- Give instructions one at a time, breaking down a large task into several smaller ones.
- Make frequent eye contact with the child and repeat your instructions.
- For multiple-step instructions, make a checklist that covers everything.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Children's Health & Parenting Newsletter