Latest Prevention & Wellness News
(HealthDay News) -- Lawn mowers can be dangerous machines if used incorrectly. Following a few safety guidelines can help reduce the risk of accidents and injuries.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers these lawn mower safety tips:
- Before using your mower, read the instruction manual carefully.
- Never remove any safety equipment, such as shields or switch guards.
- Never add fuel to the mower when it is hot or running.
- Always turn off the engine before stepping away.
- Avoid touching the engine, which can become very hot and cause burns.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.