Latest Infectious Disease News
The Foodsafety.gov website suggests how to help prevent the spread of norovirus:
- Always wash hands after using the bathroom and before preparing food. Wash with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Restaurant or deli workers should not touch food with bare hands.
- Clean any potentially contaminated surfaces with a bleach-based cleaner. Make sure all food preparation surfaces and utensils are thoroughly disinfected.
- Never serve, prepare or cook food if you have had diarrhea or been vomiting.
- All shellfish should be thoroughly cooked before eating. All fruits and vegetables should be washed.
- Promptly machine-wash and dry any linens or clothing exposed to vomiting or diarrhea.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter