(HealthDay News) -- When your child complains of a stomachache, it's usually nothing to worry about. But sometimes stomach pain can signal a more serious problem.
Latest Digestion News
The University of Michigan Health System explains these warning signs that a child's stomachache requires a doctor's attention:
- If the child is growing more slowly than typical, or is losing weight.
- If the child has excessive vomiting or chronic, severe diarrhea.
- If the child is losing blood from the gastrointestinal tract, or has a fever that can't be explained.
- If the child has persistent right-side abdominal pain.
- If the child has a family history of inflammatory bowel disease.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter