(HealthDay News) -- It's important for seniors to see a doctor regularly to stay on top of any potential health issues.
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests these preventive services for older people:
- Annual vaccine for flu, and regular vaccination for pneumonia.
- Breast cancer screening every two years for women aged 50 to 74. Some women deemed at higher risk of breast cancer may need more frequent screening.
- Regular colorectal cancer screening beginning at age 50.
- Screenings for diabetes and high cholesterol.
- Bone density scan for signs of osteoporosis.
Latest Senior Health News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Senior Health Newsletter