(HealthDay News) -- Young children may be most susceptible to red, itchy heat rash, but it can strike anyone at any age.
Latest Skin News
The American Osteopathic Association suggests how to help prevent heat rash:
- Wear lightweight, loose clothing that helps draw moisture away from skin.
- When taking a bath or shower, use cool water and soap that doesn't contain dyes or fragrance.
- During hot weather, stay in the shade or in an air- conditioned place.
- Make sure your bedroom is well-ventilated and cool.
- Don't use skin products that contain petroleum or mineral oil, which can block pores.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.